Is Your Pool Ready For The Warmer Weather & Summer?
Can you believe that we are halfway through the Spring? The hot temperatures will be here before we know it. We are all getting our gardens ready, landscaping the yards, and cleaning off our patio furniture to prepare for those backyard BBQs. But don’t forget about your pool.
Is your pool ready for the summer and hot temperatures? Getting your pools ready before the hot temperatures get here will make your pool time more enjoyable. Customers are starting take the pool covers off so they can skim the debris off the water, they are scrubbing the inside of the pool, and surveying their filter and pump. As they are getting everything ready they are noticing things that don’t seem right.
Some are noticing:
- New cracks in their tiles and pool decks.
- Drop in water levels.
- Discoloration and debris inside the pool.
- Some are receiving higher than normal water bills.
- Areas of water that are puddling around their pool.
All of these could be signs that you have a leak in your pool or spa. We are receiving multiple calls a day with different questions and concerns. We are here to help ease your mind, talk you through your situation and get the issue solved as quickly as we can.
If you think you may have a leak in your pool try the Bucket Test.
- Fill your pool to the normal level and turn off the auto fill valve if you have one.
- Use a five-gallon bucket and fill it with water up to four inches from the top.
- Place the filled bucket in the pool on the first or second step.
- Mark the water level inside the bucket and outside the bucket with a permanent marker.
- Come back in 24 hours and compare the water level in the bucket with the water level in the pool.
- Did the pool water level drop more than the bucket water level? If so, you may have a leak.
- Call us and we will help you.